Thursday, October 2, 2014

Things I'd like to tell you

Things I'd like to tell you

I'm sorry sometimes I'm quiet 

Every time I bump your shoulder 
it's because secretly I want 
To feel your warm touch

I don't even know what a good kiss is 
But kissing you makes my heart 
want to explode

I could hug you forever

Or we could walk in the rain for eternity 

I couldn't care less 
As long as your fingers 
are Intwined with mine

Your hands are the feeling of flower petals
and your perfume is the smell of rain and wet grass

Your hair is the softest thing on earth
And I get lost in your crushing blue eyes

Your eyelashes are long enough 
to start a tornado from a single blink
But you don't wear make up

When I think about you
My heart beats a mile a minute
And I feel like it's about to explode

Thoughts of you keep me up at night
And wake me up in the morning

Because I have to send you a "good night" text 
And i won't wake up with out your "good morning"

When I say thank you out of the blue
It doesn't mean you've done anything particularly special

It means I'm glad you choosing me
Because I can't imagine no having you

You claim you've never seen me sad
But some days you were the only thing keeping me together

Apparently I'm much better 
at hiding my pain than I thought 

Those two fantas you bought me 
saved me from my own thoughts
And gave me hope in a tomorrow

And you probably don't even know it
You probably didn't even know 
That my dog died

But you were the reason 
I made it through it

Im pretty sure I've lost an eye and a leg with all the people I've dated

(Not an arm because I need both of those for hugging you)

But it was worth it to find you

When you say "I love you more" my heart crumples 
Like a crushed rose

Because you'll never understand how much you mean to me

And I'm no good at saying it

I've written you almost a dozen poems
But I'm too afraid to show you any of them

Because the time isn't right
Or it's way off subject 

Or the poem is way too long to read or send over text anyways

So I'll add this to the list

Of things I'll show you
When you finally ask


3 comments:

  1. So I'll add this to the list of things to show you when you finally ask

    *insert mic drop here*

    This was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last line was fantastic. This whole thing was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sobs openly* ... that was amazing. I love it. Thank you, for making me feel.

    ReplyDelete