Sunday, September 28, 2014

my 1700 brick wall and its indisputable eventual fall.

My wall started 

in elementary school
When I realized 
The opposite gender 
no longer enjoyed my company

A brick for each person 
who stopped talking to me

5

I added to my wall when
My dad said he was leaving

One brick for each day of middle school with out a normal family

1095

Makes 1100 bricks

One for each time my little brother insulted me

And one for each time I insulted him back

around 123

A brick for my first relationship
And another for each kiss we shared

Around 78

A brick for my first break up
And a brick for each day until I got over them

4

Making a 1305 brick wall

A brick for my mom getting remarried 
And another for each time 
I've been mad at him

5

A brick for the day I found out 
my second boyfriend 
was dating my best friend

And another for when I found out 
he lied to her

1312 bricks

A brick for the person 
who wouldn't leave me alone
Who believed there was no way 
I didn't love them 

And a brick for every day I had to put up with them 

364

a brick for the day i finally told them i didn't

A brick for each day they ignored my existence 
and pretended I wasn't right in front of them

14

A brick for the day you were jealous 
and started talking to me again because I made a new friend

A brick because they were in a relationship 
but I didn't want to tell you that

Making a 1694 brick wall

A brick for the boy who asked me to prom and then got a girlfriend a week after

A brick for the two people i couldn't go to homecoming with 
because i was already in a relationship

A brick for each time I had to tell my brother I had a boyfriend 

3

Making my current 1701 brick wall

But you made it through it all
You scaled the wall

And made it past my radar
And now I'm stuck

Letting you in

Your at the top
Just close enough 
To see over

But far enough
To think I'm still a mystery

But I'm starting to fear
the wrong word
The wrong sentence 
Will start to sound like a beckoning call

For after one step
You'll fall
You'll fall all too fast
And my wall will fall too

And there will be no going back 
I won't be your perfect strong but fragile love

I'll be your broken 
But fixed love 

The kind held together by duct tape 

6 comments:

  1. I love this. And I also love your fish swimming around at the bottom of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FINALLY someone mentions the fish! I was testing them out and had too much fun so now they'll never leave. And thank you :)

      Delete
  2. I relate to this post a lot and I can't pinpoint why. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the freaking fish. I waste too much time trying to feed them.

    But I loved this post.

    "Letting you in." #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just this whole thing. First sentence. The whole part about being at the top, almost able to see over. And lastly the "I'll be your broken but fixed love
    The kind held together by duct tape." Seriously so good.
    also the fish scared me and I thought something was on my screen... but I like them now:)

    ReplyDelete