Sunday, September 7, 2014

a daisy and other unimportant things

As a child
I picked flowers
I mean Didn't we all



The boys 
picked flowers for their mothers

the girls 
picked flowers for their hair

But what most of us didn't know 
was the difference between
A flower 
and a weed

To us they were all pretty
Weather they were made by god 
Or a special kind of fertilizer 
Made no difference

Weather the seeds were 
Made by scientists 
Or other flowers 
Also didn't matter

They were all flowers to us 
No matter what our parents told us

To this day 
my favorite flower
Is the daisy

A flower which many mistake
For a weed
It wasn't born to be a weed
It wasn't born to overgrow and overtake
In the way weeds do naturally

It was born to be a flower
But according to some 
Failed miserably 

But still the daisy 
continues to grow

And if I can brighten up someone's world
Then I'm ok with being 
A daisy



I always felt as a child 
that I could become anything
Only I found out that I was born to be 
A daisy

A simple flower 
that doesn't shine bright 
or sell out quickly in greenhouses
But it can tell a story

And if we  
could all become children again
You just might start to like me too

No comments:

Post a Comment