Tuesday, September 23, 2014

This is not a poem about breakups

This is not a poem about breakups 
Because we were never together

This is not a poem about losing my chance
Because I never loved you

This is a poem about 
How you thought you loved me

How it took me until the Ends of the earth
To prove to you
That you never loved me

This is a poem
About how I'm glad your gone
But hate feeling like the enemy

This is a poem
About lost days
Where I thought we could be friends

This is a poem
About how you pretended to care
Pretended to apologize
To make your friends forgive you

And I respect that
But the words from your mouth 
Don't even ring in my ears anymore
You might as well be talking to an empty room

Because I don't need what you bring
Promises and apologies 
You will soon break
And then apologize for again
Once your over yourself

I understand we can't get along anymore
Because you were too dumb to realize
You didn't even love me 
Let alone get along with me

This is a poem about regret
Because I didn't want to be the villain 

This is a poem of frustration
Because I never should have needed to be

This is a poem of pity
Because I don't have the heart to care
About anything to do with you anymore

And with this poem

I'm done

7 comments:

  1. This was mad real and crazy relatable. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a poem about regret
    Because I didn't want to be the villain

    This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i couldn't have said it any better than Malcolm Carter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I tried googling this name because I don't recognize it but I got some mixed answers. Is there anything else I could google to narrow down the list? (You kinda got me interested)

      Delete
  4. Preach on.

    "This is a poem about regret"

    ReplyDelete
  5. "This is not a poem about breakups
    Because we were never together"

    I know how this feels.

    ReplyDelete