Sunday, September 14, 2014

The paradise in emotions

What makes us human? 

The answer is our imperfections
We have the same logic as a robot 
we can both do simple math 
and problem solving

But if someone told a robot
I love you
It wouldn't be able to respond back



Because love is imperfection 
Love is taking the long way home
Just so you can talk to them longer
Even though it's far from logical

Love is falling for a stranger 
And realizing 
That that is all they ever were

Love is breaking logic
But it's not the only thing that does

Sadness or depression 
Can keep you home
When logic tells you
You need to be productive

And nervous tendencies tell you 
that the movie can and will hurt you
Or maybe that it's not even worth trying

All these emotions and more 
Break through our logic
And turn us into a mess
But with out it we wouldn't be the same

I wouldn't have arms covered in ink
Because logic tells me 
It's a waste of time to write it on my skin before copying it down

I wouldn't spend as much time alone 
Because logic would tell me 
to go out and do things

I wouldn't eat as much
Because logic would tell me
That someday my metabolism 
will catch up with me
And that I should just prepare for it now

I wouldn't sit and look up at the sky
And most definitely not from the roof
Because logic would tell me 
that it's the same sky I see every night
And that if I fell it wouldn't be worth it

But that's the thing about being human
You get to choose weather or not
To listen to logic 
And it's endless requests 

you get To be dumb and happy 
and sad and embarrassed and nervous 
sometimes even all at the same time

And that is what it means to be human

3 comments:

  1. I really really liked this. Such an interesting concept. LOGIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "you get to be dumb and happy and sad and embarrassed and nervous sometimes even all at the same time. And that is what it means to be human." Loved it! Great way to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Love is taking the long way home Just so you can talk to them longer"
    I'm totally guilty of this!

    "you get To be dumb and happy
    and sad and embarrassed and nervous
    sometimes even all at the same time"

    So true. so true. i love the last line of this.

    ReplyDelete