Sunday, August 31, 2014

a new beginning, a first impression, and a way of writing.


I am Casper Wyatt 

And, unlike the character 
depicted by child friendly films 

I am not dead
I don't smile twenty four seven
And I'm not overly friendly

I do have friends
I do have idols
And I do have feelings

I'm not special 
Or exceptionally good at anything
Except maybe 
spilling my heart onto a page

I'm often accused 
of having a brother complex 

My family doesn't approve 
of how I dress
Or of how much time I spend alone

I used to play sports 

I have two things
I will never apologize for

My choice in music
And my choice in friends

I love and respect my friends 
like we are family.

And I listen to my music 
Nearly Religiously 

Words and sentences 
strung together 
In a masterpiece  

Making me laugh
And making me cry

Making me think
And dream
Of better days

When I first wrote this post
I tried to write a letter
But I found it much too hard

I'm not good at speaking
And telling the truth
Of how I feel

So here's a poem 
carved from my chest

I hope you'll never 
expect much less

I've written it plainly 
and told you the truth

And that's how I plan 
To keep this blog going

Still never knowing 
What I'm going to say.

4 comments:

  1. there is something to this that I just connect with. I'm excited to get to know Casper Wyatt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title is wonderful. Somehow it adds more meaning to what follows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. would read again. and again. and again.

    ReplyDelete