Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sorry yet another poem about love...

I know you love me
But sometimes I wonder how strongly

Because I want you to love me
Like the painter loves to paint

I want you to love me as strongly
as The Gravity that causes 
the moon to circle the earth 

I want you to love me
Like the stars live to shine

Because I swear I live to love you

I want you to love me
Like a man in a desert loves water
And like a child loves dessert

I want you to love me 
the way a dog loves everything

And the way tourists like to take pictures

I want you to love me 
like the blind man Wishes to see

I want you to love me
The way cold toes love blankets

And the way hands love steaming mugs 
of hot cocoa

Because that is the way 

I love you

4 comments:

  1. "Because I swear I live to love you"

    This was so inspirational. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I swear I live to love you

    I know it was already quoted, but wow. Favorite line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was so powerful.

    and i also loved the line "because i live to love you."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because that is the way

    I love you

    i loved this.

    ReplyDelete