Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Im failing

I'm sorry i'm failing your class

I'm sorry I have a job 
and a family that's split in two

I'm sorry I'd rather write this poem
Than work on homework 

I'm sorry I stayed after school to work on this poem
Instead of get help on homework

I'm sorry
That I ache to write
To feel
To believe

Ad I'm sorry I don't believe
Y=mx+b will solve all my problems
And soh cah toa 
Will fulfill my dreams

I'm sorry that you know I need to know this stuff
And I'm failing

Because pi was never as cool as you made it out to be

And math never taught me how to mend a broken heart

And math never hid my tears

And math never set me free

So I'm sorry but 

I think I'll stick to writing

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, I only liked pi if I was eating it. But seriously this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Math and poetry finally come together. This is great. I love the pi line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes math can leave because this is where it's at. Nice post! So relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're just great. I love this post I love your writing. The soh cah toa line got me.

    ReplyDelete