Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The boy who buys me roses

The boy who buys me roses

To the boy who buys me roses

I will ask for nothing 
and you gave me it all
I asked for weeds 
and you gave me roses
You sing me songs 
And I wrote poetry

Because boys who gives roses instead of weeds 
are boys to deserve 
to be written about

I asked for friendship 
and you gave me romance
I asked for humor
And you delivered
But you gave me some 
genuine caring to go with it

 I asked for a chat 
and you gave me soul-searching
I asked for a leaf and you gave me a necklace

Dear Rose buying boy
I know I didn't ask for much
But I still have to thank you for delivering

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the best people in our lives are the people that exceed our expectations and give us more than we asked for, and sometimes more than we deserve.

    ReplyDelete