Tuesday, October 13, 2015

For my mother

My mom was the woman 
who grew up so fast 
she forgot to do the growing

The teen who loved the rebel life 
But never really took part in it

The girl that beat up the boys on the playground
And never wanted to date anyone

Now she's the woman 
who was abandoned
Now Never truly appreciated
And never truly done

because she 
has passed elementary school 
and middle school 
twice now
And she has her son's graduation to prove it

She runs her daughter to work every day
And convinces her to actually buy clothing 
Instead of always getting rid of it

She also happens to be 
the part time therapist
Of her mother in law 
Who lives in her basement

She is a motivational speaker
To her 20 year old son
Who could be so much more

And she never stopped trying
because she doesn't want to let go

And even though 
I may disagree with her
from time to time

I will always respect her
for how far she's come
And for never giving up

And I owe her this

1 comment: