Monday, June 22, 2015

Pumpkin hour (I wrote this a few months ago btw)

8:00
The blood pumps newly through my veins 
I could do anything
Be anything 
Because at this hour 
I have more ambition 
then I will have through the next 24

8:30
Fighting to stay awake
 is like brushing aside a feather 
easy 
light weight

9:00
My conscience kicks in
And reminds me of the mistakes I have had throughout the day
Week
And Year

9:30
The blood pumping through my brain is hurried 
I begin to flick my fore head as images appear in my brain 
dating back to kindergarten.

10:00
Feeling blue
Because maybe 
no one else feels this way at night

10:30
Down in the dumps 

11:00
Depressed, Alone
Lonely, Alone
Lost, Alone
Empty sheets
And lingering memories 
of 
long lost dreams 

11:30
Worthless 
Because why would anyone want me

12:00
Slips into insanity

1:00
Half asleep 
mumbling 
jitters
Walking 
Eating
Light switch flipping
Door opening
Not remembering 
insanity.

2:00
All this times 10
Then passing out

When I was a kid 
my mom like to call her bedtime 
pumpkin hour 
Which to her 
was a reference to cinderella's coach
as if the night could change us all. 

But it turns out nothing changes at 10:30 
the crying stays the same 
The voices in my head stay the same 
But I stopped trying to silence them 

There is no magic spell 
that changes us within that hour

The worst part is
that we were all still people 
Not a mouse who believed 
he was a white horse for a few hours.
But a person who thought 
they could be loved for a few hours 

And I have always been one that feared 
all people would ever love 
Was the magic dress that appeared 

and vanished 

just like clock work

1 comment:

  1. Oooh. The end is just yes.

    All people would ever love
    Was the magic dress that appeared
    And vanished

    #me@prom

    ReplyDelete