Saturday, June 27, 2015

10U3

Love
I saw you
On my brother's fiance's car
When the mileage was halfway between
0 and 1
I saw you in the moon
And felt you in the night air
And in every bite of good food
And even in some of the bad

But most of all
I felt you in his arms
And tears
And lips

And I know you told me
You where a ghost
But I just didn't believe
Couldn't believe

Because love said 
You were real

And love whispered 
That you would never leave me
Even though I knew you had to

Love told me 
we would always have 
that awkward side hug while we walk
And I would always 
awkwardly 
curl the ends of my fingers into yours 
And you would always be there to laugh
And make funny faces
And make me feel like I am 5 again
Because let's face it 
I'm no good at growing up

Somehow I think love is right 
You will never really be gone 
Because my heart was made for 2
And my pockets will always be filled 
With pieces of you
And poems like this one

1 comment:

  1. I saw you in the moon

    This line. and basically the while thing. Girl this was beautiful. And completely relatable

    ReplyDelete