Wednesday, May 13, 2015

When God made you

Baby your heart is a road map
I made all kind of turns 
And read all the street names
But never manage to get anywhere 

Because it's hard to put life on a paper
And it's hard to read a person
And although I had you all mapped out
I've never been very good 
at following maps
And I've always been good at getting lost

Just like i get lost In your eyes
But a different kind of lost
More like a suffocating 
Drowning 
Lost
My consciousness fully submerged 
And subdued 
By the seemingly endless blue

Blue like the ocean in movies
Blue like the sky
And blue like blue birds 

Because they love you too

Your hands are tools
Worn out
But precious 
Creative
And Constructive
But still tender

Your presence 
A magnet
Because sometimes 
I get captivated
By just being with you 
Drawn closer 
and closer
And when you pull away 
Just before hugging me tight
I feel a little more empty inside

Your hair
A river 
Soft
Smooth 
Refreshing
Addictive

Your smile
Is a jack hammer
Or a boxer's punches
But it deal out massive blows
And knocks me out for the count.

And darling I can tell 
God worked really hard 
on the day he made you
And he must have burned the midnight oil
Just to finish in time

Because to God 
You must have been my poetry

Because you were worth it

And I know I don't speak this way to you
But that's because 
I have the courage of a chicken nugget
And the self esteem of one too

And maybe 
if you realized how good you are 
You wouldn't be you

So I'll keep saying your amazing
And that I love you

But please cherish the poems like this one
Because they are the truth.


4 comments:

  1. #cherish

    Especially the chicken nugget line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously your writing is underestimated. I love your poetry so much. #1 fan

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my favorite thing youve ever written. brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes. just yes.

    chicken nuggets for the win

    ReplyDelete