Sunday, May 24, 2015

Dear residents of Paris

Dear residents of Paris

Most of you know My pen name is Casper Wyatt 

What you didn't know 
is I almost went by the name

 Davis Tolley 

And that a coin flip 
was the deciding factor 

But I'm so so so glad I went by casper

I hoped a few of you 
would believe I was a guy

But I also hoped a few of you would realize I wasn't

Because I've never been good at lying

My real name is Mallary 

But that never felt real
Or maybe it was just that it felt too real

My older brother and my dad call me malla

And that feels right

But casper feels almost just as good

I know I don't talk to people a lot

I know I'm quiet

And a nerd

And not that good at this class

But I loved my stay in our hotel in Paris
And I loved spending it with all of you

I consider all of us friends  
But you would probably think that's weird 

Especially because I probably only said a few words to most of you

But thank you for this year
Thank you for reading 
Commenting

And writing 

I'm so sad we will all be moving away from our spot in Paris 

But I'd rather have a home here 
than continue on in our hotel.

And the moon still shines just as brightly
In fact I'm hoping for a good view

So please don't give up your spots in Paris 

Because you are too good to leave

And I've always been bad at goodbyes



4 comments:

  1. this is so good. Mallary you're awesome. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually always loved your writing. I am so happy you are in the class because you inspired me all the time. You're one of the best people I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. And you. Truly, don't stop writing.

    ReplyDelete