Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Caterpillars

I feel a little out of it and maybe I'm just tired

But today I learned about how stimuli can cause people to react if followed by a certain response for long enough 

And they call this a conditioned response 

And it seems like eating good food with you has made me want to do nothing but eat good food

And I don't want to eat without you by my side

And maybe I learned it all wrong
And maybe this is a terrible example

But I know that you are leaving soon
And so am I

But I don't want to let you go 

I know that you need to leave your cacoon and I know you will be happier when you do

And I know I too will have to leave some day

But I have a feeling 

Even though we both started out as caterpillars

You will come out and fly away a butterfly

And maybe all I'll ever be is a moth

And I'm not just being sexist because pretty much every species in nature the male is more beautiful or colorful or elegant than the female

But maybe nature was waiting for me to see the comparison 

And maybe nature was trying to break it to me slowly

But I learned from tv shows that moths are stronger so maybe that's what I'll be

Even though I can never measure up to what you are maybe I'll be stronger

And maybe that will be what you need

When we both find each other in the sky

Oh how I hope we will

And oh how I hope it will be soon. 

2 comments:

  1. this is so intriguing.. really beautiful idea..

    You will come out and fly away a butterfly
    And maybe all I'll ever be is a moth
    Even though I can never measure up to what you are maybe I'll be stronger

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we both find each other in the sky

    Oh how I hope we will

    And oh how I hope it will be soon.
    love love love this. feel the same way. he he but really unbelievable post

    ReplyDelete