Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Lingering

The truth is 

I'm not ok

And I'm starting to feel 
that maybe I'm bipolar

Because home is the loneliest place to be
Because I'm alone in that room all night

Wishing I were a ghost

Then I go to school

And I have friends who notice and care
Who tell me I'm not just being dumb

And then you pick me up from the bus stop
And my heart stops

Because I could never in a million years
Deserve you

And I'm afraid you'll notice

And I'm afraid you won't 

And I'm afraid 

All I'll ever be

Is broken

Lingering on your every word
On their every word of comfort
And on every feeling of loneliness 


3 comments:

  1. "And I'm afraid you'll notice

    And I'm afraid you won't"

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa. this is incredible. reading this, i related to it so well.. literally loved it.

    ReplyDelete