Sunday, September 20, 2015

Goodbyes and lullabies

I wondered why saying goodbye Seemed so easy

And it took me a while to realize
I've had a lot of practice 

The twang of I'm sorry
The clang of its not your fault
And the pin dropping in a silent room of
I can't 

Sometimes accompanied with tears 
And a melody of whimpering 
And sometimes covered up by some cookie cutter instrumental lies

Because my goodbyes 
have always sounded a lot 
like bad country music

And the twang on my heart strings 
Always seemed a little too rough
A little too forceful 

But your goodbye 
Your goodbye was a lullaby

A plucking of heart strings 
So soft 
And so heartfelt 
I knew it was a promise

1 comment:


  1. Because my goodbyes
    have always sounded a lot
    like bad country music

    Real life how I feel.

    ReplyDelete