Sunday, September 6, 2015

Crybaby heart

I think I've lost my mind
Because I see you in every thing 

I see your eyes in blue sky's
And your smile in the clouds

And I hear your voice in the sunset
I hear your singing accompany the crickets 

And your laugh in the wind 
And I know it's only been 3 months since you left 

And I know that means I have 21 left 
But I day dream about you

And every night my fingers ache 
Ache to be intertwined in yours 

And my heart feels just a little more alone 
Like my ribs were never really company
But mearly the bars on its crib
Because it's crying 
Because it wants to be held 
And it wants to be heard 

But I don't indulge in pity
Or making others worry 

So I'll keep the screaming at bay 
With the lullaby 
Of nearly suffocating lungs 
And rememberig to breathe 

Because I used to complain 
That I never felt hungry 
Because I missed you

But apparently 
that may just be a side affect of bronchitis 
Which I don't think I told you I had

But now my stomach is so emotionally gone that all I have is a sense of numbness 
And the only feeling left 
Is my crybaby heart
That doesn't seem to want to sleep 

Because who knows if you are safe
And who knows if you still love me
And who knows if I will make it that far

Because I hear you are losing weight 
But I'm afraid there will be nothing left to hug

And afraid you will realize 
You can do better than me

But I've taken over your family
Which was like a pacifier to my heart
And an Advil to my mind

Because I don't want you to ever stop loving me






2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful.

    I think I've lost my mind
    Because I see you in every thing

    #same

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that part about your ribs never being company!

    ReplyDelete